2.05.2003

The Dramatic Life

It seems as though I'm taking steps forward in my acting class, ever so slowly. Yesterday we were working through scenes and Sam made me run over the same section twelve or thirteen times until I got it right, and for the first time I didn't take it personally. Little steps.
We had rehearsal in the evening for the show, and during rehearsal he scolded me for not breaking up the thoughts correctly. I fought him on that one, but I tried not to make a big deal of it. *sigh* Acting is a lot different here; I'm not used to being pushed very hard. I think it's good though, it's the only way I'm going to get better.

Escalo Rocas

I finally managed to get to the climbing wall for the first time in a week. It was such a good feeling. Some of the routes and the problems were changed, and I managed to get a problem that's been bothering me for awhile without too much trouble. There was also a difficult start to a new route that had been set; I worked that for fifteen minutes or so before I finally figured things out. Then it got easy.
It was really nice to be able to get back there, but it'll probably be the last time I'll be able to climb until next Monday. I've got the radio show and rehearsal tonight, then we're going to go see a play at the Guthrie Lab tomorrow night. After that, I get my wisdom teeth pulled! Yay.