7.29.2003

Did I mention that I fell off a scaffold when we were building the house? It was probably 8 or 9 feet up. It sucked because the roof overhung over the scaffold a little bit, forcing you to lean in toward the roof to keep your balance. I was relaying up 4x8 sheets of plywood, which are heavy as hell when you're off-balance, and my boss told me to do it "like this," causing me to lose my balance completely and come peeling off the top. Lucky I'm a climber; lots of falling experience.

Also in the news, I can't wait to get back to school. My darling girlfriend is flying back a few days early to hang out at the cabin, and then it's off to my apartment-dorm and friends and everything wonderful. The summer really hasn't been that bad; I've made some money and gotten some classes out of the way, but it'll be nice to get back.