8.04.2003

I just got back from a pretty interesting weekend. The week wasn't great, mainly just staining and other such nonsense. It's not a whole lot of fun, but it's not particularly hard and it pays pretty well. I went to photo lab again and came out with some nice prints, and I got to hang out with a friend of mine that I'd lost touch with for awhile. When the weekend finally came I exchanged my shoes that climbing at J-Tree destroyed. I got them at REI, and they have such a wonderful return policy that I basically showed up, said "my shoes broke," and they replied "here, have some new ones." Classy. Then it was down to Rochester for my little chinese gymnist friend's china party complete with egg rolls, potstickers, and egg-drop soup. Tasty. I got to see a bunch of friends from school and we hung out until all hours. I realized that I missed the physical contact of my group of school friends; when we get together we're like a litter of puppies. I think physical contact is important, both in romantic and non-romantic relationships. Speaking of which, 17 days until Courtney comes back. Not that I'm counting.
Anyway, after the party I tiptoed out over sleeping bodies in the morning to go climbing in Red Wing with the Chrises. I picked out a traveling hammock from REI and tried it out since I showed up early, and then we climbed. It's been awhile for all of us, and we just kinda flailed our way up the routes. Fun though. After that I took one Chris to our friend Adam's play, Throwing Stones, which tries to propose 10 situations in which the commandments may be justifiablly broken. Quite interesting. I was also able to catch up with another old friend that tends to fall off the face of the earth for months at a time, which was quite enjoyable. All in all, a pretty enjoyable weekend.