7.23.2005



It seems like my photos are running about a week behind everything else, mainly due to the hassle of getting them from my camera to the web, via a friend's laptop, then a flash drive, then finally to this webpage. Anyway, this first shot is of me, when we were at the beach last weekend. Pretty classy.

I had a bit of an adventure this weekend when I made a pilgrimage to bliss stick kayaks (http://www.blissstick.com) to pick up a boat. It involved meeting the owner of the company, crashing on one of the designers' couches, considering buying a life jacket from a guy before he goes off to prison, and getting dumped off by a pair of skiiers in the middle of nowhere. It was quite the trip. I ended up with a great boat for a price I could afford. I didn't even have to take the bus.

This is a shot of zorbing, which I think I talked about earlier. It was during our orientation week; it basically involved being thrown into one of these big balls with two other people and a bucket of water, then they send you flying down the hill. Apparantly it's the only place in the world that it can be done. Pretty cool stuff. It was a good ride, but it's not something I'd line up to do every weekend.

This was our crew when we were caving, also during our orientation week. I was slow with the photos because they're all from Allison's camera, and they were photos that I didn't take. We were happy to have the wetsuits; the whole rapelling-down-waterfalls thing would have been pretty damn cold without them.

Hopefully this afternoon I'll be able to go paddling; I went into Mountain Equiptment, the local gear store, and talked to one of the employees who is apparantly a big paddler, as are all of his flatmates. They hit the whitewater course a few times a week, so it looks like I'll have plenty of paddling hookups. Yay.