7.09.2005

Things are starting to pick up around here. I went with a group of friends to the pub last night to watch the final test match between the All Blacks and the Lions in a crowded pub. It was a blast. We showed up early and ate and played pool, then the place filled in. They even had bleacher seating in front of one of the big screens. We talked to some locals who explained the finer points of rugby to us. It was a good time.

We also found the local rock gym, and it turns out the owner is the sponsor of the Massey University Alpine Club (MUAC). He told us about the club, which is 250 strong of paddlers, climbers, skiiers/snowboarders, and hikers. I'm going to their meeting once class is back in session. I may even go back there and climb this afternoon.

Our final roommate has also arrived, leaving us with three americans, two germans, and one irish flatmate. Should be a good group.

I also watched Garden State last night. It was pretty "meh." I was pretty tired at the time though. I'm trying to get myself on a semi-normal sleeping pattern; up until last night I've been going to bed around 9 and waking up around 6:30. Today I finally slept in until 8:30. yay!

Now it's time for some breakfast.