12.12.2005

Things in California are going well; the other day I worked for a catering company at a couple's christmas party. 200 people, 50 kids, carolers, a santa claus, and a magician, and 12 staff, all for a private backyard bash. I'd be interested to know how much the whole thing cost them, as staff salaries were over $1,000 on their own.

Oh, and supermarkets sell booze in Cali, and it's cheap. Cool. And Courtney and I stopped in at Trader Joe's the other day. Apparantly there's this winery where the owner got a divorce, and his wife gets 1/2 of the profits for this year, so you can get quite good wine for $2 a bottle. I'm going to get a case before I leave.

Everyone is excited about the engagement, which makes things a lot of fun. I guess that's about all the excitement for now. Oh, and here's what the ring looks like: