5.14.2006

All right, so, as you can probably imagine, quite a bit has been going on in the past few weeks. I guess I'll start with the highlights, as I have a lot of ground to cover.



A week ago Friday, Courtney and I broke up. Things had been on the rocks for awhile, and after a week or so of being somewhere in limbo between being together and breaking apart, we broke it off. It definately wasn't a mutual sort of agreement, at least at first. I was devestated, but eventually came around to see that it may be the best thing for us in the long run, regardless of how things work out. Maybe we'll get back together eventually, but for now, we're apart. Hopefully this better explains some of my other cryptic quotes. Everyone, both friends and family, have been supportive through everything. In dealing with all of this, I realize that when going through something emotional like this I like to have people's understanding, but sympathy really gets me no where (i.e. "this must be really hard.."). I appreciate it, but I really don't know what to do with it. Anyway.

Finals week was pretty rough, but by wednesday or so I kind of had my head wrapped around things. Of course, my plans changed for the summer; I quickly secured a job at a firm in Minneapolis and a place to sublet in Dinkytown for the summer, both of which worked otu extremely well. I'll be moving down there tomorrow in my new car, which my parents and I got from my aunt for a song, it's a 2000 Saturn Wagon; perfect for people and gear and gas mileage.

Then on Wednesday my parents and I are headed to South Bend to look at houses, which should be exciting. I may be a homeowner soon, which seems really bizarre, I suppose because it is.

I graduated from St. John's University today, which was quite the experience. It was crazy to see all of my classmates in one place in our robes, and to see all of the professors file in wearing all of their academic regalia. I graduated magna cum laude with All-College Honors and Distinction in English, all of which was pretty cool. The ceremony was nice, though long, and when I left I was a graduate of St. John's.

It hasn't quite set in yet that it's over, even though I'm all moved out of my apartment and my friends have dispersed. Quite a few of them will either be in the cities or in St. Cloud over the summer, so I'll be able to see them quite a bit. Over the past couple of days things have really started to look up; I've been solidifying bonds with people and I'm looking forward to the days and weeks ahead.