8.22.2006

I met the scary 1L prof. today. In their opening remarks, most profs said that you should be prepared, but that if you are, then everything is going to be fine, generally dispelling the terrible stories of hard-ass 1L profs. Then we ran into one who had no desire in dispelling these stories. I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but he told us that if we weren't prepared then we shouldn't waste his time in coming to class, and that despite what we had been told there are dumb questions and that if you ask them he'll roll his eyes and blow you off. Awesome.

I had 4 classes today and probably another 4-5 hrs of reading, if not more. Law school is a lot of work, but I'm liking it so far. I'd be having a much better day if I hadn't tried to fix our leaky faucet. After 4 hours and 3 trips to the hardware store, it's now equally leaky, though now it's steady instead of intermittant. Christ.