10.16.2006

I'm back from West Virginia, bumming around for the majority of the day and getting a bit of homework done. The trip was good; it was nice to get away from south bend for awhile, but now that I'm back for the middle of the week there's not a whole lot to do. I mean, I have plenty of schoolwork to keep me busy, but vacation-wise, most people are home or points abroad for break and won't be back until later in the week. Meh. On the bright side, I'm pumped for the green narrows and other steep creeks next weekend.

A combination of sleeping crammed in a car, on the ground, and being folded up in my little playboat for about 12 hours has left my back spasming like no other. Ouchie. I've been keeping ice on it; hopefully it'll stretch out in time for the east race on Wed.

I've been in a bit of an odd mood lately; introspective, I suppose. I've been trying to make a little better sense out of what's happened in the past year or so and where that's leaving me in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully this break will go further in clearing my head; this past week or so I've had a hell of a time paying attention in class. I feel like I'm still on top of things, but it's taking more conscious effort on my part. Running rivers was good for me; for about 12 hours this past weekend I thought about nothing else but running the river I was on. Hopefully that sort of focus will carry on to law school business.