12.13.2006

The crim final was today. I was more worried about this one than I was about contracts or civ pro. I felt pretty well prepared (much of that preparation thanks to our study group) but the exam itself threw me a bit. I think I did fine; I ferreted out all of the main points and even a few minor subtleties, but the format was different from the standard fact pattern/issue spotter, and it took me a little while to feel like I really hit my stride.

Torts is the last one; probably the toughest in regards to subject matter, but it's the only open-book exam we have, and we have an excess of time to do it (5 hours for a 3.5 hour exam to allow for editing and travel time). Then we'll be done with our first semester of law school. IT can't come soon enough. It's been going well so far, but I'm ready to be done with exams.

Now back to my fact pattern.