12.28.2006

So Christmas went well; it came and went with it's usual fanfare. In a few days I'll be taking off with the 'rents to the southwest. For the time being I'm bumming around Milaca and the cities, visiting people and trying to take it easy.

I went to a reception for 1L's at a big firm in Minneapolis tonight. It was pleasant, and full of free food and drink, but I don't feel like I learned a hell of a lot from it. A little practice at elbow-rubbing never hurt anyone I suppose.

I'm feeling a bit out of sorts, and I think it's because I'm at a point where I really don't quite know what I want in the grand scheme of things. I generally try to keep my life (somewhat) simple; I figure out what I want and then I go about trying to get it. However, the whole operation breaks down when I can't quite figure out what I want. Then everything gets a little trickier. Merf. I'm also tired, which doesn't help anything. Maybe things will be clearer in the morning.