12.23.2006

Well, I'm back at home. The traipsing about in the cities was a lot of fun; I ended up hosting a dinner party at Britt's place and cooking up some apple-cider-glazed porkchops. tasty tasty.

The past couple days have been spent bumming around home, doing some shopping with Mom and visiting with a few different people. I ducked into St. Cloud for a couple hours today to chat with Hoffman since he wasn't going to be in town for long, then returned for the family Christmas. Since the other side won't be having their xmas until monday, christmas eve will be a pretty quiet affair with just myself and the rents.

So far it's a white christmas, but just barely; we got enough snow the other day to cover the ground, but that's about it. I've been splitting wood the past couple mornings, partially to help my dad out and partially to get back down to my fighting weight. I pretty much hung up my kayak after thanksgiving for lack of time, and the eating-while-studying without any exercise leaves me pulling around a little more weight than I'd like. Oh well. I've also been reading for leisure (!). Right now I'm working on Steinbeck's East of Eden, which is going pretty well. It's nice to be able to read a book and not have to hilight and take notes.