5.05.2008

I just finished watching King Corn, which is a pretty fantastic documentary about the corn industry. The way things are now, it's impossible for a farmer to make money without subsidies. The subsidies reward an over-production of cheap corn, which then is turned into corn syrup, largely, or fed to cows in feedlots. Essentially, the government subsidizes happy meals.

What about health care? eh?

Also, we're in the middle of finals week. The first one went pretty well, and I'm feeling good about the second one.

I'm voting today.

A. and I went to the Carriage House the other night for a bit of fine dining. We had a pretty early reservation, and when we couldn't decide on which wine to order, our server set up a mini wine-tasting for us. It was a lot of fun.

I start work in 2 weeks.