8.25.2008

Well, I'm back in South Bend. The homecoming was a little rough; I found out that I didn't get an offer at the Denver firm, and that the summer subletters had somewhat trashed the house. It took a couple of days to get my affairs in order on both fronts. Now I've pretty much settled in, and today is the first day of classes. I've gotten out on the whitewater course a couple of times, the house is cleaned, things that need to be fixed are getting fixed, etc. It's not to say there haven't been some strange goings-on; Annie and I picked up a fish when we were getting back to school stuff, a Beta named Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. He's escaped. We can't even verify him as dead; we can't find a body anywhere. As far as we can tell, he single-handedly staged a successful escape. Now it's time to go shopping for Dr. Bunsen Honeydew The Second.