10.02.2008

Borked up my back on Tuesday. Went over the falls on a 12 foot wave on lake michigan with my back completely extended over the back of my cockpit. Hurt quite a bit. The rest of the evening was full of a dull pain, touched off with excruciating back spasms. I had planned to just go to the doctor in the morning, but after an hour or so of spasaming on the couch A. took me to the campus health services. Unfortunately, they didn't have a Nurse Practicioner on hand, so nobody could take an x-ray or write a script. Then it was off to the hospital. After 5 hours I had an X-Ray and CT taken. They found no fractures, just a slightly dispalced disk; they weren't sure if that was caused by this accident or from earlier.

They put me on painkillers and a muscle relaxant, both of which have helped. The spasams are pretty much gone, though moving around still hurts a fair bit. I hope to be back in classes tomorrow, but we'll see. I can get around, I'm just pretty gimpy when I do it.