9.24.2009

Posting

Got out backpacking last weekend, which was beautiful.  P&C and I hiked up to Crater Lakes near Moffat Tunnel.  It was a short trip, just out for a night, but the lake was beautiful and the weather was good right up until when we hiked out, when it started raining.  Then Denver was socked in with clouds and drizzle for about 4 days.  First time that's happened since I got here.  It looks like it's finally passed though. Feels like fall.

I brewed a wheat beer last night, and am brewing my first consignment beer tonight.  My neighbor owns a brand-new graphic design firm and wants to give out bomber bottles of a stout and a pale ale as Christmas gifts.  When I went to the brew store last night I stumbled into a presentation by a company that produces brewing yeast on their new lager strains.  They had free food and beer.  It was fantastic.