11.22.2009

Breck

A. and I went out skiing/snowboarding yesterday, and I'm starting to feel like an actual snowboarder.  By the end of the day I was linking all of my turns and feeling very in-control.  Of course, this was on one of the easier greens at Breck, but it was still good to feel like I had a solid handle on the basics.  We headed down one of the steeper greens for a bit, but it was packed with people and I had a hard time concentrating on what I was doing.  Hopefully as the mountains get more snow, other terrain will open up soon and spread out the people a little more.  We headed up to the mountains early, and came down off the mountain at about 2:30, which let us miss most of the traffic in both directions, which was nice.  Hopefully we'll be able to get out again after the holiday weekend.