11.13.2009

Outdoors

A., P., and I managed to get out on what will probably be the last hike of the season last weekend.  We drove up to the Gore range, car camped, and then did a day hike the next morning.  Our campsite was pretty, and pre-bonfire bocce ball went over well.  Sleeping wasn't too terribly cold, though I don't think my sleeping bag is an honest-to-God -10 degree bag.  The hike was pleasant, though it alternated between being icy and muddy.  Then, pumpkin ravioli.  

I had veteran's day off, so we headed up to Keystone for my first snowboarding lesson, ever.  Things went fairly well, though I never got off of the bunny hill.  By the end of the day I was able to link 2-3 turns together though; once I can link them together without getting close to stopping/falling, I should be good to go.  I figure I'll need about one more morning on the bunny hill before I'm ready for more challenging terrain.  We're planning on heading up to Breckenridge this Sunday, if the weather is decent.

Also, A$ and I have been playing Borderlands, an xbox game, quite a lot lately.  It's a fantastic game, with lots of guns.  Hooray!