2.25.2010

Update

Got some great snowboarding in at Keystone last weekend.  We caught some snow, and I didn't realize how many tree runs Keystone has in some of the back areas.  Some of them included some lengthy cat tracks to get back to the lifts, but they were worth it.  Tight trees all the way down.  Lots and lots of fun.

A. and I did the couchsurfing condo thing again, which was fun.  We managed to catch some of the olympics live, which is a little tough without television.  In other news, we had tasty fish and chips and pakastani food at a british pub while watching canadian hockey last night.  Fun times.

Tonight I'm brewing again, a barleywine this time.  This is going to be a big beer, weighing in at around 10%, with a lot of hops and a lot of time.  It will be a rough clone of Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Barleywine, which some people like young and others like to age.  I'll definitely be aging some bottles for over a year.  I've got an IPA going right now; that will get transferred to a secondary and dry-hopped.  Once that gets bottled, I think I'm going to do a quick wheat beer to get the pipeline built back up, especially since the IPA will need to age a little bit in order to mellow out.